• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Januworry

More smoothed out means in the long range and we all know long range always changes but as long as we’re in that pattern in the heart of winter there is always room for overrunning or CAD with this pattern
It’s really getting annoying watching the western US cash in on unlimited troughing, all I at least hope for is for it to relax a bit or there be a PNW trough/SW US ridge and then a EC trough, the stubborn + tilted AK ridge and -PNA just keeps holding on, I don’t mind the conus trough look but it’s prone to fails
I mean look at Seattle’s snow mean, it seems like they just have AN snow year after year now 78C98E07-533D-4E73-B12D-DD8C418CF2F2.png

More smoothed out means in the long range and we all know long range always changes but as long as we’re in that pattern in the heart of winter there is always room for overrunning or CAD with this pattern

There isn't room for wintry versions of either of those in your neck of the woods until a trough axis swings into the southern plains states after cold air is already firmly entrenched over the Carolinas. I definitely don't see that on the GEFS

Patience my friend
Winter weather here is like threading a needle. Right now the eye of the needle is really small. And all you have is yarn. At least there's some thread in NW Canada and it's not all the way over in Siberia. Still, getting it here seems tough. Can't seem to escape supply chain issues, even with the weather.

It’s really getting annoying watching the western US cash in on unlimited troughing, all I at least hope for is for it to relax a bit or there be a PNW trough/SW US ridge and then a EC trough, the stubborn + tilted AK ridge and -PNA just keeps holding on, I don’t mind the conus trough look but it’s prone to fails
I mean look at Seattle’s snow mean, it seems like they just have AN snow year after year now View attachment 98613
In the past 11 years Seattle has only had 3 above average snowfall seasons . They have actually been shut out more than been above average on snow . 4 years had T or less with 1 having flat out 0.

In the past 11 years Seattle has only had 3 above average snowfall seasons . They have actually been shut out more than been above average on snow . 4 years had T or less with 1 having flat out 0.
What about last year

I wouldn’t put all my eggs in a 300+ hour pattern that could change every 6 hours and say we have literally no hope winter done CANCEL .. lol

You're probably one of the last people on this forum that should be trying to lecture someone about getting overly excited for 300+ hr model runs.

Back