Pattern Januworry

• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!
Hate to be the grim reaper but I wouldn’t be shocked if the next 3-5 systems all impacted Virginia south-west into Tennessee. Pattern will need to change for those E of the mtns. Of course it can happen like with our last week event, it’s a bit rare to have tornadoes and high wind and backside snow I say most the snow will scurt to our north or west again and again ?
Your batting 0 for the season. Excellent call how it would be late January at the earliest before "east of the mtns saw accumulating snow."

Hate to be the grim reaper but I wouldn’t be shocked if the next 3-5 systems all impacted Virginia south-west into Tennessee. Pattern will need to change for those E of the mtns. Of course it can happen like with our last week event, it’s a bit rare to have tornadoes and high wind and backside snow I say most the snow will scurt to our north or west again and again ?
There is literally not one single basis that you can pull right now to support this. In fact if anything storms are going to have a much better shot at going OTS or being squashed all together due to extreme cold press from the north.

Reactions: SNOWMANN
Well some great discussion tonight guys. We'll have to see how this actually evolves, but the pieces look about as good as they have in years, AT THIS POINT. That's with a huge dose of knowing things can change on a dime.

One key difference from last year is there is a lot of cold air out there to work with. We've already seen some serious cold in both Canada and AK earlier, and the NW and Sierras had their cold and record snow. Last year we had the - NOA but there was little cold on our side to tap into. Gotta have the cold! We still might not score but it's nice to see the players show up like this. Let's see if they take the field.

Im still perked up about 1/16ish: Thats getting in to Euro hr 240 now: If you look at the 0z Euro you can see energy from Texas deep south heading east and cold in place upper south.This is the time-frame the GFS was on to for a few days: Its been quit past few cycles: But its rock solid on the Cold: Just be looking for some energy to show from 1/16-1/23.

500hv.conus.png