• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Januworry

Not sure why we care what they think . He's clientele is the Midwest and Ohio valley . Seasonal temps for them can translate to below normal temps in the SE

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agreed, especially if a +PNA dominated pattern would hold. The suggested pattern through mid month is like night and day vs December through yesterday. Most days look BN to near normal in much of the SE with a good shot at three Arctic highs between 1/7 and 1/20 hopefully helped out by the MJO. Granted it doesn’t look as cold as it could get due to the lack of -AO and lack of -NAO, but a nice +PNA is on our side for a pattern that leans BN averaged out.

BAMwx’s Michael Clark sounds frustrated in just about every video. That can affect objectivity.

Bam is probably right. But there has never been any signal at all for sustained cold in the east so nothing has changed. A one to two week pattern is all most are hoping for. Right now the pattern doesn't look great moving forward like it did a couple days ago. There is no signal at all for a decent storm for the snow starved regions of the SE. I hope we pull something out somehow in January. But another year of just novelty events like the one in Raleigh today could very well happen. And GSP getting blanked completely for only the 2nd year ever wouldn't shock me at all either. Yes there is more emotion in that statement than actual evidence but when you're in these streaks they're ridiculously hard to break for whatever reason. Hopefully our luck changes soon.

Bam is probably right. But there has never been any signal at all for sustained cold in the east so nothing has changed. A one to two week pattern is all most are hoping for. Right now the pattern doesn't look great moving forward like it did a couple days ago. There is no signal at all for a decent storm for the snow starved regions of the SE. I hope we pull something out somehow in January. But another year of just novelty events like the one in Raleigh today could very well happen. And GSP getting blanked completely for only the 2nd year ever wouldn't shock me at all either. Yes there is more emotion in that statement than actual evidence but when you're in these streaks they're ridiculously hard to break for whatever reason. Hopefully our luck changes soon.

I agree with much of what you said but I don’t know about this:

“Right now the pattern doesn't look great moving forward like it did a couple days ago.”

I’m not saying it necessarily looks “great” now but i don’t think it looked “great” a few days ago either. I think it still looks pretty similar to how it looked a few days ago in the SE (we’re not in the Midwest)….not “great” but pretty darn good for a pattern leaning BN temperaturewise in the SE and like night and day vs last month.

In summary, the SE was never forecasted to have an “A” pattern, but more like a “B” and that “B” still appears likely. It is hard to object to a “B” after having F minus minus December through yesterday. A “B” in the coldest month of the year would be more than fine with me. And for those of you in areas (unlike here) that get wintry precip from time to time in normal winters (the vast majority of the board), it looks promising for more opportunities. I just want it to be cool to cold dominated, which is winter enough for me.

I agree with much of what you said but I don’t know about this:

“Right now the pattern doesn't look great moving forward like it did a couple days ago.”

I’m not saying it necessarily looks “great” now but i don’t think it looked “great” a few days ago either. I think it still looks pretty similar to how it looked a few days ago in the SE (we’re not in the Midwest)….not “great” but pretty darn good for a pattern leaning BN temperaturewise in the SE and like night and day vs last month.

In summary, the SE was never forecasted to have an “A” pattern, but more like a “B” and that “B” still appears likely. It is hard to object to a “B” after having F minus minus December through yesterday. A “B” in the coldest month of the year would be more than fine with me. And for those of you in areas (unlike here) that get wintry precip from time to time in normal winters (the vast majority of the board), it looks promising for more opportunities. I just want it to be cool to cold dominated, which is winter enough for me.
It's certainly better than December by far. It depends on perspective. For you average temps would be a B or maybe even an A-. The ones wanting accumulating snow from ATL up to RDU I'd give it a C-. It's not a shutout pattern like December and something could pop off anytime. But considering how our lucks been since 2018 it's probably wise not to get too excited lol

What would push these storm South, Like this weekends system? I mean I don't see anything that would cause it to move further South to affect anyone outside of TN

Sent from my SM-A526U using Tapatalk

Back