• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry January 8-9 Wintery Weather Potential!

No matter how things trend, I'm going to remain skeptical of the warm nose unless we get into the CAM range, and things stay consistant.
One glaring wildcard Thats being honked loud and clear on all models is a deform band. Now where that exactly takes up roots exact point from metwannabe through our backyards down toward wows area in NC will be decided Friday at verification. But that heavy quick thump/rates will be what gets the grass covered up in 1-2 hours. Rates,those kind of Rates im referencing, will trump ground temps, sun angle or every other kind of negative factor that gets thrown out there. Thats the winning lotto /combination for Triad,Traingle, western piedmont,northern coastal plain posters on here. Dicey, but some cluster of posters in NC outside MTNS, will get a payday Friday. Some will get burnt by the hair of their chin. But hey its a decent shot and not just wishcasting ,false hope.

All 3 globals for 12z Friday. Atleast for today they are on top of each other.

View attachment 62710
At this point like brad said I think flakes will fly in Charlotte/Raleigh, but really my what’s revolving in my head is how far NW will the warm nose move, where does the deform band setup, honestly I think that’s where areas outside the mountains would score the most with given that precip is not driven by intense WAA/SW flow aloft

At this point like brad said I think flakes will fly in Charlotte/Raleigh, but really my what’s revolving in my head is how far NW will the warm nose move, where does the deform band setup, honestly I think that’s where areas outside the mountains would score the most with given the precip is not driven by intense WAA/SW flow aloft
I've already accepted the warm nose is coming through here. Might start as some snow or sleet but any good snow for here and probably Raleigh comes at the end when it changes over

I've already accepted the warm nose is coming through here. Might start as some snow or sleet but any good snow for here and probably Raleigh comes at the end when it changes over

You need to come up to the northern part of the county.

Back