• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry January 8-9 Wintery Weather Potential!

Probably one of those things where how far north you are makes the big difference around our areas
Honestly if a deform band does get going it may be that east of I-77 in the Charlotte area does well. Southern Rowan, Cabarrus, Union, and Stanly counties have done fairly well in the past with deform bands like what is being hinted at. Prior to any deform band, I would expect the city and points south and east to be mainly rain.

Do need to keep a eye on that SE Canada low trying to interfere again, kinda don’t like this now, want more separation so it doesn’t feel the weakness and go NE View attachment 62639
May help maintain a sightly better cold feed in the low and mid levels. I don't think this would cause it to be farther N if anything the slightly lower heights to the east might cause a faster/SE result

Back