• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry January 8-9 Wintery Weather Potential!

Sleet is gonna be a problem with this system. You can already tell, Euro shows warmer 850s but has a band of colder 925s
Without looking at the Euro soundings just the maps look like its getting close to being a primarily sleet event for parts of NC. I'm not sure how deep the BL warmth is but 925s are near or below freezing for a good part of the area. If the Euro is right at 2m though it could sleet for a week and we would just be looking at puddles and some grey mulch

Without looking at the Euro soundings just the maps look like its getting close to being a primarily sleet event for parts of NC. I'm not sure how deep the BL warmth is but 925s are near or below freezing for a good part of the area. If the Euro is right at 2m though it could sleet for a week and we would just be looking at puddles and some grey mulch
East of 77 definitely looks like sleet will be an issue. The euro on pivotal had sleet in the upstate but the soundings supported snow. Weatherbell had snow all the way so that’s going to be interesting to see how it plays out. Brad said it would be a snow or rain setup which I’m leaning to as well but east of 77 definitely could be a sleet fest.

12z CMC, futher south compared to its 0z solution: Track consensus is tightening no doubt. Matter now of if /how much or little it tightens up 2/3 contour verse 1 expansive contour

View attachment 62494
View attachment 62497

The Wake County Sounding for the 6 inch part
View attachment 62498

brick-tamland.jpg

East of 77 definitely looks like sleet will be an issue. The euro on pivotal had sleet in the upstate but the soundings supported snow. Weatherbell had snow all the way so that’s going to be interesting to see how it plays out. Brad said it would be a snow or rain setup which I’m leaning to as well but east of 77 definitely could be a sleet fest.
Yeah it makes sense with mid level WAA kicking out in front of the system itself that areas around here would change to sleet. Really going to be interesting to see how the thermals break down as we get closer assuming the Euro is correct

Yeah it makes sense with mid level WAA kicking out in front of the system itself that areas around here would change to sleet. Really going to be interesting to see how the thermals break down as we get closer assuming the Euro is correct

NAM "sorry not sorry"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back