• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry January 3rd-6th, 2018 Winter Storm The ARCC/Xtreme Weather Special

What is considered western coastal plains in the Carolinas....From South to North. Orangeburg, Florence, Lumberton, Fayetteville, Rocky Mount?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Looking at the Jan 2000 storm the precip was right under the colder cloud tops.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

500mb and vertical velocity at HR81 NAM
500hvv.us_se.png

78hr GFS VV at 500mb (couldn't fetch 81hr)
500hvv.us_se.png

Would be funny if the models are wrong again and we get a Jan 2000 repeat. I mean, it's not like the models have been that accurate with winter storms this winter so far.

Look at the 850mb setup on the GFS. This is what is wrecking the moisture transport.

gfs_z850_vort_seus_15.png

No doubt there's going to be intense convection offshore in a setup like this but the GFS may be overselling it here, seen it pull this crap many times in the hurricane season near the Central America monsoon gyre

No doubt there's going to be intense convection offshore in a setup like this but the GFS may be overselling it here, seen it pull this crap many times in the hurricane season near the Central America monsoon gyre
and in the end, that could be the biggest thing that makes us just waive as this snows over the open ocean. well rain too, lol

Back