• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry January 3rd-6th, 2018 Winter Storm The ARCC/Xtreme Weather Special

No kidding, this ain't bad at all!

index.php-3.png
unless ukie has some moisture today/tonight, that is actually a nice increase around here as well. and in south GA

unless ukie has some moisture today/tonight, that is actually a nice increase around here as well. and in south GA
Kinda looks like what CMC was showing with a north trend with moisture correct?

You won't see that moisture up GA after today guaranteed. I really think that is from the virga we are getting today.

Definitely not in North Georgia, but I've seen some ensembles that throw some precip back in south central GA with this (not many but a few). I'd need to see the UKMET run for myself as the OPs haven't really shown anything precip wise in East GA for New Years outside of the UK on one occasion.

chaser is waive is faster and a bit further west from 00z run through hr 30 if my eyes are working

If the low was to follow that gradient, wouldn't that introduce warmer air into the system allowing more mixing, if this system were to be that close?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Maybe, but the 850mb low/vorticity is also offshore as well so no warm nosing issues. One issue is the SFC dewpoint depressions.

However, with that said, there is a lot of complexity out there and the SFC low tp upper air isn't quite aligned like it should be on modeling.

I'm not that good at reading the classic UK maps, but it does look better to me, it's much closer to the coast if I'm correct.

Back