• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry January 29th-30th ARCC Slam Dunk Winter Weather Threat

That's actually more realistic though with this particular system. As I was saying this morning, I don't think this system will bring widespread 2-3"
What do you think, widespread 1-2"? Still a win in my book

With the "warmer" comment, I honestly wonder if that meant more rain as from what I could tell on the free maps, the energy looked fine.

Hold on, let me look.

Edit: I can't tell since weather.us on the free maps is slow.

With the "warmer" comment, I honestly wonder if that meant more rain as from what I could tell on the free maps, the energy looked fine.

Hold on, let me look.

Euro had my backyard going into the mid twenties by afternoon on previous runs . This run is much warmer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think the cold air is the issue. Looks like we don’t see the quickest change over. Again for most of GA time of day isn’t our friend

I think the cold air is the issue. Looks like we don’t see the quickest change over.

I wonder if the coastal low preceding it can be strong enough to dry and more cold there ahead of the front? Maybe I am totally wrong

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why is it showing an area of snow in between areas of rain to the west and east ? If it was really an arctic front would it really change from rain to snow back to rain ?

Lol it doesn't matter if it's very light. I was sitting at 32 with light rain/sleet because the precip wasn't very heavy in La Fayette after the Christmas snow moved out. Yes, plain rain outside of the sleet at freezing.

Why is it showing an area of snow in between areas of rain to the west and east ? If it was really an arctic front would it really change from rain to snow back to rain ?
I don't believe this map, falling temps below freezing will not go from rain to snow back to rain with an strong Artic front

Back