• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry January 29th-30th ARCC Slam Dunk Winter Weather Threat

I find it odd that models have shifted the heaviest precipitation south of me but the mets in Memphis are saying expect the heaviest precip to the north in their morning discussion.

Speaking of the Euro, no wishcasting, just looking at the QPF, areas like Montgomery could get a decent thumping as the cold air moves over the highest QPF.
I agree. And I could honestly see that over to my area as well. Not as cold here but the heaviest precip yes. You can see some lollipop amounts with euro last night as well.

Timing is the KEY. I think GA and eastbound from there will be the biggest reason why we don’t see that much of any. NC could still be ok with time of day, but GA it’s the worst time of day. Yeah we have a cold punch but 2m temps do climb enough where it’s going to be a struggle initially. Now, what’s interesting to me is that for central GA the new nam is close to the .5” qpf... I think there could be more here because we have the heaviest rates and qpf. It will be interesting to see gfs and euro today. Notice how nam is showing how this could slow down a bit more as well. Hell look at the what was supposed to be early weekend storm, now late weekend and how much that slowed. Good for thought.

Yes it is.
gfs_mslp_pcpn_frzn_eus_12.png
Nod away

That will throw a loop on everything if it continues. Obvious surface wave in the Gulf.

Models are really starting to show what I think is likely east of the apps, rain with maybe a brief changeover, we just never benefit from these types of systems, I may drive to the mountains cause they can get some really good snow with these types of systems

Models are really starting to show what I think is likely east of the apps, rain with maybe a brief changeover, we just never benefit from these types of systems, I may drive to the mountains cause they can get some really good snow with these types of systems
Be careful if you’re coming back home the same day. No matter if it rains or snows there will be a flash freeze Tuesday evening when front comes through. Everything will freeze up in a hurry. Very dangerous situation.

fv3p_ref_frzn_eus_12.png
where the yellow is showing with blue is my location. Is that a SLP forming?

Back