• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry January 29th-30th ARCC Slam Dunk Winter Weather Threat

gfs_asnow_seus_19.png

GFS much dryer. Last 4 runs have trended that way. I still think parts of TN and “maybe” extreme northern AL MS GA could possibly see a light dusting

You discounting the Euro, EPS, GEFS, and canadian?
No. I’m mainly speaking about GFS. Euro was encouraging but without some type of reinforcement I don’t see how this is more than a run of the mill frontal passage and we all know how those usually end up in the end. I would still be excited if I lived in the areas i mentioned. Euro will be telling tonight

You discounting the Euro, EPS, GEFS, and canadian?

You've been on this board (& the last place) long enough to know this...if a given model doesn't present a personally subjective positive outcome for one's BY, to quote @Storm5, "We toss"...or, [insert any other seasoned poster] "Model is garbage and/or out to lunch".

To your point though, there do seem to be clear divisiveness in the models.

I fully expect the 00z to change, if I’m not mistaken the 12/18z and 00/06z have the same data and will often look similar

GFS with less precipitation and not as cold. Hopefully its just a bad run.

I mean given how clipper type systems usually work out for us, the GFS May be on to something and the other models will get in line. The wildcard is if this thing can somehow pop a low.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So for western areas of the southeast we may get no more than a dusting? I know the setup isn't ideal for a good snow, it being a clipper system, but maybe a couple of inches is still a possibility.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Back