• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry January 29th-30th ARCC Slam Dunk Winter Weather Threat

School shut down for the week ? Temps every day next week are forecast to be above freezing during the day, and with temps above freezing next Wednesday under lots of sunshine, the roads should be fine by next Wednesday afternoon. It's not like the south is going into a deep freeze with days below freezing.
Except the models are showing just that, several days below freezing lol smh

Except the models are showing just that, several days below freezing lol smh

Yep, I'm not even talking about most of Georgia, I'm talking about other areas. If the snap keeps moderating, then maybe it's a day or two, but to the extent it's looked like at times, some areas of south TN and far north AL do not get above freezing for a long time.

School shut down for the week ? Temps every day next week are forecast to be above freezing during the day, and with temps above freezing next Wednesday under lots of sunshine, the roads should be fine by next Wednesday afternoon. It's not like the south is going into a deep freeze with days below freezing.

Also, main roads would most likely be ok after Wednesday in spots but most secondary roads that are shaded would be hazardous for several days. Schools have to always be cautious when considering safety of students. 1-3 inches of snow followed by several days of 30s highs and teens for lows will lead to schools being cancelled for several days I believe.

Fv3
fb5279f6c623f71be93f2fa47795dc34.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Weather Channel is forecasting 37 in Huntsville on Wed and 43 on Thurs. So unless the models trend colder it doesnt look like a prolonged deep freeze. Also, temps near 60 on Mon should help warm the roads some.

The Weather Channel is forecasting 37 in Huntsville on Wed and 43 on Thurs. So unless the models trend colder it doesnt look like a prolonged deep freeze. Also, temps near 60 on Mon should help warm the roads some.
don't ever go by what you see on there..come on man, the models have trended colder for a while now. GFS had Huntsville below freezing for 3 days

Back