• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry January 29th-30th ARCC Slam Dunk Winter Weather Threat

CMC:
gem_asnow_us_23.png

Hmmm, not showing anything frozen for NC this time. Or does it continue after the 30th for NC?

Apps delay CAA so it snows at a marginal temp this run, will change but that’s why there’s barely Accum east of the apps

Well seems to me the models are trending drier. Towards the Euro. If Euro still stays course. I would say this threat is slowly dying.

Why in the world as we get closer to each snowstorm do the storms slowly die, you would think odds are that one storm would pan out.

It actually wouldn't surprise me if this ends up getting completely strung out at some point, on other models I've seen the PV press push at this wave until it strings out and while this was actually pretty good for parts of Alabama, I saw the same on this run, while I don't have good maps on the FV3, I think that's what happened there too on 12z. The hope is it provides something before the PV scours it out.

Speaking of which, man is it cold on this GFS run.

Back