• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry January 29th-30th ARCC Slam Dunk Winter Weather Threat

Look at all these winter storms OTD through the observed record in NC, just to make you realize how much this one sucks.

Roxboro got 36" during the Knickerbocker storm of 1922 & the observation was legit according to the various AMS publications I've read. Biggest single-storm snow total I've seen in any storm period east of the mountains.

Actually in retrospect this post should be moved to the wambulence thread lol.
January 27-28 1922 NC Snow map.png
January 26-27 1921 NC Snowmap.png

January 25-27 1966 NC Snowmap.png

I am all in with the FV3... Lol. For NC folks gonna take some good rates in a very narrow window of time to pull of any accums

snku_acc.us_ma.png

Fine with me im right over by the polk paulding line
I think 1-2" is a good possibility for you. It's almost always better to be west of Atlanta than east of Atlanta in most winter systems. I would hate to live in Rockdale, Newton, Walton counties, etc.

It appears that Forsyth will be right on the fringe of getting almost nothing and making the ground a little white. At this point in a winter that I have not seen a sleet pellet or flurry, I'll take a dusting and call it a win. It does suck that only a county or two to my west will probably get 1-2" but I'll take what I can get. 1-2 counties to my east will probably get nothing so I should be happy.

Quiet for a " winter storm " never fails we get letdown before the event

It appears that Forsyth will be right on the fringe of getting almost nothing and making the ground a little white. At this point in a winter that I have not seen a sleet pellet or flurry, I'll take a dusting and call it a win. It does suck that only a county or two to my west will probably get 1-2" but I'll take what I can get. 1-2 counties to my east will probably get nothing so I should be happy.

Can’t take the snow accum maps verbatim bro. The snow doesn’t know where those lines are drawn & furthermore give zero effs about them.

Back