• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry January 29th-30th ARCC Slam Dunk Winter Weather Threat

e6b7d99eaa5a47a3aca241cc404697d4.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gfs tries to show ZR in the western piedmont of nc but is a outlier with dry dgz’s here but otherwise gfs is actually impressive

Hoping it's a boundary layer warm bias.... not sure what the 850's are but considering the 540 line is east of the precip I'm guessing cold, so the bl screws us on the ICON
I think we need the models with the most precip to verify and hope that we can get some dynamic cooling and a faster flip to snow. If there's widespread amounts of higher than .25" of precip, I'll take my chances that some of it will flip to snow.

Lots of banter in this thread . Now that we are getting closer to the actually system we will be moving and or deleting banter posts including those of any admin or mod . I’ve had like a million today. It’s not that your comments are not welcomed but we have banter threads for a reason and want to keep this one clear for people that are looking for actual information regarding this system

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree @packfan98 , gsp is saying light precip but this sounding would support convection which means bursts, like I said this Is like trying to find where the summer storms will pop, get the most lift, best lapses and you may get a inch due to a short period of heavy rates, but looking at that sounding temps would crash once heavier precip makes an entrance (dynamical cooling)
030BCE56-25A2-41CE-886B-17C0C04224AA.png

If I'm not getting sucked in by the NAM it's the happy hour GFS.... however, I do like the trends, just hard to get excited east of the Apps with a arctic front snow threat
snku_acc.us_ma.png

Back