• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern January 2021 - Joyless January

The Pacific looks different in the composite. But I guess we have to take what we get. Do not look at the LR 0z or 6z GFS OPs, btw.

I filtered out some big events that looked similar pac to what's coming up. What you think? Missing the big 50/50 but I think/hope that evolves.

2021Analog.gifecmwf-ensemble-avg-nhemi-z500_anom_7day-0755200.png

How did Texas get 12” plus of snow and Columbia gets nothing? They are the same latitude? I guess it has to do with March being Columbia’s snowiest month, and I don’t get that because of the March sun angle?
There's and old saying something like nothing between Texas and the north pole but barbed wire fence. So basically, blame the mountains.

Meh, with this pattern change I would not trust the long range GFS further than I could digitally throw it. All ensembles overnight keep the -NAO strong
I personally don’t trust the long range GFS no matter what pattern we’re in
Good advice guys...... Stick with the ensembles. They always lead the way on long range forecasting.

Back