• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern January 2021 - Joyless January

Yeah this is very different imo, suggests much better pattern potentially in the latter stages of winter unlike 2017-18 which went warm after early Feb until march
As a LaNina that would be very similar to 1993-94. After an active and cold period from just before Christmas to just after New Year’s, we had that Arctic Outbreak during the middle of January along with an significant Ice Storm. After that we continued to get cold shots and then of course there was the big ice storm for a lot of the south in mid February.

Man, if we get this evolution, oh baby

View attachment 59239
Seems like every time we get -EPO blocks tho we risk the Southeast ridge, we seem to lose everytime with the -EPO all or nothing pattern, I know a +EPO/+WPO/-AO/-NAO pattern sucks for cold with storms but at least the southeast ridge is suppressed with those indices like that 8C63E7AA-4E66-4B82-BB8D-6151C4357DBF.png80A5BEF2-6866-4EAD-9766-0286467FE547.png

The GEPS just doesn't let up through first third of Jan.. If the south can't score some snow during this upcoming period, then cancel Winter, I guess. ;)
View attachment 59365
You know with the severe weather forecasted on Thursday, it reminded me that the last time I can remember seeing severe weather on Christmas Eve or Christmas Day was 1987. Then of course 2 weeks later...

Back