Pattern January 2021 - Joyless January

• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!
It is always much better to use ensemble means, especially Euro ens mean, to get the best feel for how cold or mild temps will likely be, especially after day 7. These GFS operational maps out past day 10 are little more than entertainment/model cartoons. And that’s not even talking about storms, which are near worthless on the GFS day 10+.

Last edited:
It is always much better to use ensemble means, especially Euro ens mean, to get the best feel for how cold or mild temps will likely be, especially after day 7. These GFS operational maps out past day 10 are little more than entertainment/model cartoons. And that’s not even talking about storms, which are near worthless on the GFS day 10+.
My sleet look out system is buzzing, but my zrain warning system is too. This could be a glorious period or a hellish period, lol, or a glorious hellish period :) The moles are chattering, shivering and wearing hard hats..if that helps.

My sleet look out system is buzzing, but my zrain warning system is too. This could be a glorious period or a hellish period, lol, or a glorious hellish period :) The moles are chattering, shivering and wearing hard hats..if that helps.
Yes, it looks like our best (maybe only?) shot will be third week in January. Guidance appears to be consistent at this point. Hopefully some fun model watching next week!

Reactions: Avalanche