• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern January 2021 - Joyless January

Raleigh to Roxboro cold hole in full affect , any direction be it north south east or west of the cold hole is significantly warmer . I don’t think I’ll be breaking 50 anytime soon given the 10 day or seeing the sun . Today was supposed to be sunny but forecast changed and now even tomorrow is cloudy. This is horrid weather .
I was hoping to see the sun today at least

GEFS is trending towards sending the tropospheric polar vortex into the CONUS just after mid-month.

Pinch me I must be dreaming...

View attachment 62500

Yep once that sets up its just a matter of time, I feel pretty good we all get 100% of our seasonal average in a pattern like that...could easily get 2-3 winter weather events in 15-20 days mid to end of Jan into early Feb.....

I am not a fan of storms modeled 10 days out, I like the Baja SW's the models handle poorly till its inside of 5 days and all of sudden there is a true GOM Miller A with established deep cold air.....the south trend is a real thing in a pattern like this as well....a lot of storms end up further SE than modeled early on, seems like there is a tendency to take everything up the coast in the 7-10 days range versus more ESE OTS closer in.

Back