• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern January 2021 - Joyless January

Sheesh...I mean someone is going to get under a sub 1000mb low while heights crash, whether that’s NE NC or DCA we don’t know yet, but it’s worth watching. We’re very much in the game, RDU north and NE. Can’t really discount anything at this juncture. But I admittedly live for setups like this that tend to over perform.

Yeah it's worth watching but probably for the mid-Atlantic & NC mountains.

Deep-layer veering/warm advection with hints of a mid-level warm nose already even on the GFS. Not gonna cut it for most.

1609711825714.png

This is why you want the upper low to track to your south and not over you:

Notice the warm advection drops off (but doesn't go away) as this southward trend occurs on the GFS. The GFS verbatim still looks too far north at 500 for folks in RDU but pretty good for VA border/NW piedmont. Honestly still not entirely sure if we hit everything perfectly that we're gonna get snow out of this setup, cold air is severely lacking to say the least and the strong veering/WAA-driven precip isn't exactly encouraging even with these favorable trends.

gfs_temp_adv_fgen_850_seus_fh108_trend.gif

I just want to know who engineered the @SD snow shield, it goes east and up I-95, seems intentional to me
It always does that. It's exactly in that spot every time. It goes up just west of us and then comes back down just east of us. Every time. There must be magma under the ground. Or maybe it's just that this is hell. ?‍♂️

It always does that. It's exactly in that spot every time. It goes up just west of us and then comes back down just east of us. Every time. There must be magma under the ground. Or maybe it's just that this is hell. ?‍♂️
I-95 is it's own heat island?

Back