• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern January 2021 - Joyless January

Miller A screw zone already, you know what stay a cold rain so we’ll all lose if this does trend colder 57483334-1AFA-48DE-B6A4-BDDE56868E72.png

I hate to say it, but this pattern is a disaster for winter weather. None of the models look supportive of any cold air whatsoever for at least the next 10-15 days. Beyond that, all we have is theory and hope.

I think we'll eventually get lucky and see an outbreak of cold at some point, but until we start to see Canada legitimately turn cold, we're just going to be watching this same old crap over and over. And there's no sign of that happening for at least the next 10 days.

What another first half of winter pile of monkey crap.

Yeah this is all it manages to do, could be much better imo View attachment 61719
That's more than we have seen in 2 teas
I hate to say it, but this pattern is a disaster for winter weather. None of the models look supportive of any cold air whatsoever for at least the next 10-15 days. Beyond that, all we have is theory and hope.

I think we'll eventually get lucky and see an outbreak of cold at some point, but until we start to see Canada legitimately turn cold, we're just going to be watching this same old crap over and over. And there's no sign of that happening for at least the next 10 days.

Totally agree. There has never been any true signs of cold enough temperatures for winter weather. That pattern does look quite stormy for January but that's about it.

All joking aside, things do look good towards the end of the runs. And it does seem like end of Jan is best chance at snow.

1/18/18
1/22/16
1/28/14
1/28/10
1/20/09
The GFS is awful at D15. And the Euro isn't much better at D10. Yesterday's looked better. But we keep seeing alternating crap/decent/crap/decent all the way at the end of range of these models. Hopefully, by the end of January, we're on the doorstep of coldee weather.

I wouldn’t totally just say that yet, I’d say if we still are looking at the same cold air issues in 4-5 days then yeah, just to early to assume anything at this point, but I agree cold isn’t on our side

The GFS is awful at D15. And the Euro isn't much better at D10. Yesterday's looked better. But we keep seeing alternating crap/decent/crap/decent all the way at the end of range of these models. Hopefully, by the end of January, we're on the doorstep of coldee weather.
If we are still waiting at the end of the month might as well put a bow on this one

Back