• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern January 2021 - Joyless January

Just like those 60 degree dewpoints in December right?

Yeap you got it. SSTs still above normal.

40417e487f963726dc38be4f8bb5eed6.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Day 10 Canadian. Cold air would be in place (dew points teens and low 20s). 850 zero line in N. NC (moving northward). Maybe a ice to snow setup for many? You would think the cold to the NW would eventually catch up as the storm deepens off the coast (or at least that's what I'm dreaming):
View attachment 61744
This is the look that can bring snow to N AL. This is the kind of look that can bring excitement, but not until 5 days out.

Last edited:
These upper lows suck at making their own cold air. Best we can do is average temps?

View attachment 61772
I thought the euro might flip us on the backside instead just flipped the bird. Gotta hate we are basically trying to make the best with Pacific or modified cP airmasses here. I'd still take my chances trying to pull a magic trick with the Euro setup though. You'd have to think there would be an area of cold 850s north and west of the upper low and enough banded precip we could flip areas to snow

Back