• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern January 2020 - Operation Thaw Alaska

18 inches up in Bannet Elk, slopes on Icon. Make your reservations early boys, tell cantore I said hello.

You north GA guys do like ive done, weather NC, Jimmy. Make your target area bigger, go chase one. Atlanta to Highlands, Cashiers is a 2 hour drive max. Plenty of hills around.
Icon temp map for the height of the storm. Not sure about 925’s or 850’s but I’m guessing this
was much closer to a bigger deal. I’ll weenie out for a moment and say “Icon is usually the warmest model of the globals.” PS: I might have messed up not booking for Friday too as it looks like this thing may come in on Friday now. I knew better. 2BE9FC2A-96DB-4382-A113-4BC16D5240F1.png

No question. I mentioned earlier how cold Alaska was but here’s the thing. Alaska has been in the freezer since December and we’ve had one real cold shot the entire time. The teleconnections have not delivered and the Pacific has been unrelenting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Icon temp map for the height of the storm. Not sure about 925’s or 850’s but I’m guessing this
was much closer to a bigger deal. I’ll weenie out for a moment and say “Icon is usually the warmest model of the globals.” PS: I might have messed up not booking for Friday too as it looks like this thing may come in on Friday now. I knew better. View attachment 32068
Weather.us actually has layer maps and it's very close for N GA. There's even frames on there with snow here. It's literally a degree or two from a major storm.

was much closer to a bigger deal. I’ll weenie out for a moment and say “Icon is usually the warmest model of the globals.” PS: I might have messed up not booking for Friday too as it looks like this thing may come in on Friday now. I knew better. View attachment 32068

Yea take your chances on this one. Im a nose hair from glory imby. Icon 4th run in a row. Its as hi res a model as euro. If i miss, get in the car n drive hour n half.

No question. I mentioned earlier how cold Alaska was but here’s the thing. Alaska has been in the freezer since December and we’ve had one real cold shot the entire time. The teleconnections have not delivered and the Pacific has been unrelenting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
True but at least it’s not on other side of globe. Will it seep South who knows. Always a chance. Better than no cold at all on our side of globe.

Doesn’t mean it will transfer in the lower 48. The pacific going have to change to get it delivered south

you harp on the pacific all the time. It’s not just pacific. Its a lot of things. From mojo to teleconnetions. Every year a new one is added. Let’s just sit back and see what happens. Quit being so negative every single post. There is a lot more going on in this world than just wx. See China and this virus that could be getting much worse by the min.

Back