• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern January 2020 - Operation Thaw Alaska

Good run. Maintains the general 12z consensus. Major high elevation potential.
There is some initial mixing in the piedmont of NC and even SC and GA ... just a few more degrees lower and this is a big time deal .. don’t see why this can’t trend in our direction as it’s already been doing

There is some initial mixing in the piedmont of NC and even SC and GA ... just a few more degrees lower and this is a big time deal .. don’t see why this can’t trend in our direction as it’s already been doing
I’m seeing major atmospheric and surface temperature issues outside of climo favored areas. Even with an ideal track. Not looking good imo. But this is why we model watch

Buyer beware, the lack of sufficiently cold antecedent conditions is what will ultimately ruin this party, in my opinion.

Yep if it had good cold air andwasa little slower this would be a big deal for NC....still I think we get several winter weather events between now and the first week of Mar.....I would not be surprised to see most of NC at 100% of their yearly average by the time its all said and done....

This was close to being a solid almost state wide hit.....

dec7c572-1907-49cd-a7ee-69c6228b5b79.gif

Our possible storm is working with stale artic air, it’s close but BL issues is likely, this looks like your classic nino storm with a tight gradient in the piedmont of WNC, rates could help but even just a tiny bit of WAA could spoil this, we need a well timed phase like many has mentioned, good luck with that, haha 64A22385-FF61-44FF-A858-AC99E90A6B22.png

Our possible storm is working with stale artic air, it’s close but BL issues is likely, this looks like your classic nino storm with a tight gradient in the piedmont of WNC, rates could help but even just a tiny bit of WAA could spoil this, we need a well timed phase like many has mentioned, good luck with that, haha View attachment 32046
Does this setup support expansive areas of mixed precip like we usually see or is this a more of a rain/snow only set up

Sent from my Z983 using Tapatalk

The models have agreement on the general track of low (late next week system/early Feb) I hope it trends colder, but I'm starting to have doubts. I'm still expecting changes on the models though over the next 2-3 days since the time frame is still beyond 5 days.

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

Back