• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern January 2020 - Operation Thaw Alaska

Might have to drive down to Cape Hatteras
7f6e823cd5b98cd74b99fc7cd400bd7b.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Well, this is clearly not going to make it back like we all want....Either way, looks like a cold start to the week. Obviously the flow is very progressive and it is what it is. On to the next one.

This storm is clearly done for, no chance even for coastal sections of the Carolinas & SE US.

Did I also mention that we're running a solid +10F anomaly in the first half of January?

View attachment 31377

I wanna bet we’re gonna end off at 4-7 AN from that big ol cool down, which is still nonsense, I wonder with the MJO possibly returning in bad phases, we’re gonna start seeing a GOA ridge signal soon

surprised to see this for me at Huntsville Mon night/Tue am

if the track indeed holds we would not be surprised to see very
light snow showers across the TN Valley

This storm is clearly done for, no chance even for coastal sections of the Carolinas & SE US.

Did I also mention that we're running a solid +10F anomaly in the first half of January?

View attachment 31377
I was hoping we could make a run at that salmon color at the top of the scale

Pants bursting winter!

Low solar activity + modoki El Nino must = blocking galore! Maybe we haven't sloshed the tub enough.

View attachment 31379

View attachment 31380
Just look at all of the positive anomalies in the US and North America. Maybe 10-20% cold? I thought the west would have been cold but even they are normal to above. I guess it is a combination of the new base state plus the vigorously positive AO. El Niño’s ain’t like they used to be.

Back