• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern January 2020 - Operation Thaw Alaska

It's light but I'll take it. Not too far off from here.
sn10_acc.us_se.png
If this continues to trend a little bit stronger, a little slower, and little further SW.,..I wouldn't be surprised if we see a strip of snow coming in.

If this continues to trend a little bit stronger, a little slower, and little further SW.,..I wouldn't be surprised if we see a strip of snow coming in.
Let's just hope it's not showing it's hand too early, don't want it to end up in Canada Lol

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

The day 8/9 system on the euro could be close for some especially on the onset if timed right
Another one of those favored high northern tiers of NC deals. None of which have worked out so far this year, so color me skeptical

Sounding across GA now show, at least for this run, good moisture up in the snow growth region. Still a bit dry in low levels, but that has increased as well. Let’s see if this trend continues.

12z EPS mean continues the prior runs' trend of SW movement of that darker green 500 mb ht line though only slight vs the prior run. Precip mean still inching ever so slowly toward the coast.

I expect a good number of members to once again show snow near the SE coast and some into N FL. We'll see.

Next week late system would probably stay in the southern stream, per 12z Euro OP and the GEFS mean. I'd expect this low pressure to trend south on the GFS OP. I wouldn't be surprised to see some ice with this at the on set for parts of NC and maybe far northern parts of SC. I'd say there even could be some sleet mixing in with the rain as well at the on set for CAD regions of GA/into upstate SC. If any frozen precip, it won't last long. GEFSUS_prec_meanprec_174.png

12z EPS mean continues the prior runs' trend of SW movement of that darker green 500 mb ht line though only slight vs the prior run. Precip mean still inching ever so slowly toward the coast.

I expect a good number of members to once again show snow near the SE coast and some into N FL. We'll see.

cb6b9888420f1dc5ce790980cae3bc8f.jpg

38b53bab0e8b1fa393fa843bf82add26.png
d6b20a2f650e4a82e3393df55e3af442.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WOMP! Days 5-10 and 10-15...This sucks.
68ead80f06168b19b09bda6d550092b7.png
6777ee44b8be89f3e23295b35efc603a.png

Geez...I though that mega GOA ridge to start off January was bad....but consolidated PV over the pole and trough over AK can suck just the same.

I think what has become evident is the -EPO fail. That sure does seem that isn't going to happen this winter.
ecmwf-ensemble-avg-nhemi-z500_anom_1day-0558400.pngecmwf-ensemble-avg-nhemi-z500_anom_7day-0558400.png

Geez...I though that mega GOA ridge to start off January was bad....but consolidated PV over the pole and trough over AK can suck just the same.

I think what has become evident is the -EPO fail. That sure does seem that isn't going to happen this winter.
View attachment 31340View attachment 31341

-EPO has failed us and with that there is very little hope for winter at this present time. Can it change I guess but it doesn’t look good.

Does anyone have the EPS mjo from a week ago I’m interested to see how it’s been doing with mjo compared to the CFS/GFS?

Back