• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern January 2020 - Operation Thaw Alaska

500hv.conus.png

I honestly don't think there's any way to answer this question. My guess is it will do a low amp loop into 5/6/7 and then probably get into 8. No evidence to support that other than it seems to want to do that the last year or two late in the season.

Yeah, watch it head into 8/1/2 into the indian Ocean as we head into April/may, and by that time those phases support torching vs cold

It's light but I'll take it. Not too far off from here.
sn10_acc.us_se.png
If it cuts off, as it has been trending, and comes in stronger, wouldn't be surprised to see that increase with the ull. I just need it to tilt sooner to pull that slp back NW. Wouldn't it be something if y'all could score from the ull and coastal folks from the slp?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

To go with the above post, I'd be willing to bet verbatim, the dendritic growth zone wouldn't have adequate saturation to make flakes with that dry air wrapping in. Could change.

Euro not as hot as 12z yesterday out to 174 throughout Canada but hotter than 00z..gonna be another dumpster fire run either way

Last edited:
To go with the above post, I'd be willing to bet verbatim, the dendritic growth zone wouldn't have adequate saturation to make flakes with that dry air wrapping in. Could change.
Well at least we have soundings from the euro on pivotal now! Here's a spot from west GA around Rome.
possibility.png
Now compare this with the last run same location and time
notpossible.png

It's much wetter than my area, which has the DGZ completely unsaturated at the moment, but it's a noticeable trend.

Back