• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern January 2020 - Operation Thaw Alaska

Euro much warmer throughout Canada so far this run compared to 00z..still cool in the south

I'll join the warmth party: and now even RDU is AN. Remember how cold this period was on the models?
View attachment 31180
Only greater than 34 AN in SE Canada. I guess it could be worse. Can't see the hemisphere map, but I'll bet Russia is cold. Going to be some more AC running if this turns out correct.

Only greater than 34 AN in SE Canada. I guess it could be worse. Can't see the hemisphere map, but I'll bet Russia is cold. Going to be some more AC running if this turns out correct.
That central Canada blocking doing work

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Well...early next week is still going to be a shock to the system, but needed IMO even if you don't like cold without the snow. Get the bugs that are coming out beaten back, and get rid of the ant hills that have been building up in plain sight if you have them.

But if the TPV is going to act like how it did in 11/12, its a wrap after that, sadly.

This is still a transient warm shot .. not even deadly warm and nothing like what we just went through just looks more scary with those colors .. transient warm shot in a colder pattern .. I’ll take those

I'm not so sure about that, but I hope you're right!
Meanwhile, adding to what I posted about the 12Z Euro op, don't go to sleep on the coastal. Like on the op, the 12Z EPS mean is definitely a closer call!

1579201549738.png

Finally!

Meanwhile, before it warms back up, let's not totally forget the chance for coastal action. It was closer and very close on this same 12Z Euro:
View attachment 31182

View attachment 31183
Yes I noticed the energy in the trough was stronger and further west. Coastal sections still need to pay attention, and even here in RDU will keep an eye on it

Yes I noticed the energy in the trough was stronger and further west. Coastal sections still need to pay attention, and even here in RDU will keep an eye on it
Maybe we can get one of those potential vorticity anomalies to spin up out of a rogue tstorm complex and force rapid cyclogensis much farther west than forecast.

Back