• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern January 2020 - Operation Thaw Alaska

Stale cold air beyond day 10..meh

We need to capitalize. I’m not very confident we’ll get several weeks worth of opportunities
Don’t know how u can make this statement logically .. the model at its longest range still isn’t even into February .. plus with the MJO just going to be starting to get it’s act together by this time period of our possible event and then continuing to move into favorable phases for February snow events don’t know how u could make the statement that we have to score in these 5 days or we don’t see weeks of favorability ?

Also if you look at the Gfs as it continues out u can see how we have endless possibility’s as a massive arctic shot looks to be headed down for us after our third possible winter wave

Interesting thing to also point out from the gefs is that a lot of the models with the first wave gives a good icing event to Southern Virginia and even north north north section of NC while operation continues to show it much further north ... some also create a fairly good sized storm for the northeast as it wraps up good... this initial storm could have the downstream effects that lay the frame work for our winter system

Don’t know how u can make this statement logically .. the model at its longest range still isn’t even into February .. plus with the MJO just going to be starting to get it’s act together by this time period of our possible event and then continuing to move into favorable phases for February snow events don’t know how u could make the statement that we have to score in these 5 days or we don’t see weeks of favorability ?
Well, I stated my confidence level which is more of an opinion mostly based on recent February failure and what seems to be the new normal. I just don’t believe we we’ll see a favorable pattern last very long. Because when does it? Let’s just go ahead get some snow and after that it can be as hot as it wants to for the remainder of winter.

Well, I stated my confidence level which is more of an opinion mostly based on recent February failure and what seems to be the new normal. I just don’t believe we we’ll see a favorable pattern last very long. Because when does it? Let’s just go ahead get some snow and after that it can be as hot as it wants to for the remainder of winter.
I do understand confidence level is low ... long range Gfs saying you’re not going to be happy with many more winter weather chances to come

Member 19 would genuinely be the biggest storm most of us have ever seen in our lifetime heck blizzard conditions would be likely in many places... truly were looking at a great boom or great bust scenario but the GEFS members are really going for boom ... Also seeing a lot of big ice storm members .. probably since they would be dealing with marginal cold air and cold air at surface ... we are in for a ride this week

Back