• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern January 2020 - Operation Thaw Alaska

Yeah so basically anything between scattered gulf flurries and a HECS. That narrows it down considerably
Yep, I notice some have snow moving in from the NW aswell then a low develops late in the Atlantic, suggesting some ensemble show the NS possibly dominating more for some odd reason

If the GEFS has told us anything tonight for certainty .. it’s that regardless of snow we’re about to be going into a time of very very cold air masses attacking us ... this will shock the system and I’m sure a lot will be talking about the drastic change in the coming weeks

@pcbjr I never knew dewpoint records were kept anywhere but I see Hogtown tracks them. Maybe it is done there because it is such a vital factor in determining the Great Radiator’s potential each night. ;)

High dewpoint record was tied for 1/11 at 70.

At KSAV:
- A new record high minimum of 68 was set today, which obliterates the old record of 63 for 1/12 and is 30 warmer than normal! This is also 8 warmer than the normal
max. This also ties the monthly record high minimum. To put this into perspective, this is 2 warmer than the record for Feb and only one less than
that for March! There have even been several April days with a lower record minimum than 68!

- A new record high max of 82 was set today.

The Euro looks interesting
Edit: Nope Squashed
ed4ae7b8322ade82d65362e56c8ee077.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very cold Euro, at the end of the run the Aleutian low looks like it might be ready to pop an EPO ridge into Alaska. If so, a reload of cold should come our way. Curious to see if the EPS shows any sign of it or not. The ensembles and ops haven't been in great agreement on any looks at 500mb so far.

Not surprisingly, the Euro lost the massive East based -NAO.

I will be surprised if that level of cold actually gets trapped down in Florida. Its hard to have 30s there when the temps upstream are also in the 30s.

Flooding issues already starting in parts of North Georgia. Flash flood warning just issued for Greene, Taliaferro, and Wilkes county until 845 this morning. Been watching a training band of heavy rain sitting over that area for a couple hours now.

Back