• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern January 2020 - Operation Thaw Alaska

Quite a few big hitters on the EPS. #16 and #45 I believe were the ones with some south of I-20 magic. But there was a good member or two for virtually everyone from Memphis and Alexandria Louisiana to Charleston and Norfolk on there.

Western NC will be the big winner on the ensemble mean.
Alright who’s got the euro ensembles ? Let’s see them

Also if you look at the Gfs as it continues out u can see how we have endless possibility’s as a massive arctic shot looks to be headed down for us after our third possible winter wave
Yeah there's opportunity for some but those big highs never pan out hardly.

Heres my north trend
gfs_asnow_seus_34.png

I know everybody needs a diffrent recipe for there back yard. But the ingredients are there I'd like to see more of a ensemble spread instead off one or two big dogs skewing the mean. Threading the needle like always.
Yeah, that's a good point. We have a tendency, myself included, to drool over a big mean or an individual member that shows 2+ feet of snow. But the truth is, you want a really good spread of members showing some snow, with a couple of big ones scattered in there. That tells you that A, the pattern is really favorable for winter weather, and B, there is the possibility for more than just a run-of-the-mill car-topper.

Yeah, that's a good point. We have a tendency, myself included, to drool over a big mean or an individual member that shows 2+ feet of snow. But the truth is, you want a really good spread of members showing some snow, with a couple of big ones scattered in there. That tells you that A, the pattern is really favorable for winter weather, and B, there is the possibility for more than just a run-of-the-mill car-topper.
It's pretty to look at but the intuitive part says wait a minute. Get some op agreement for a couple days then I'll bite right now I'm just guna nibble

Back