• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry January 14-16th storm potential.

Grit - do you think this trend will continue and that initial band will keep trending south? Not sure if you have any thoughts on the cold press
Don't have a strong opinion on it, but here on the CMC Ens, you can see here on the trend loop for Monday morning how the weak wave over OK is separating itself from the trailing wave over Montana. Also, the height lines change their orientation thru the SE and Mid-Atlantic (pointed farther south). So, these changes are moving the initial snow band south some and helping to crank some precip back inland with the trail wave diving down a little later and sharper

nz4dJEp.gif

Lots of Chattanooga members here hoping to break our snow drought.

Yep. 22 months since we officially had a 1"+ snowfall, and 9 years since we had a 6"+ snowfall. Have to go back 13 years to find a snowpack that lingers for a whole week. Just sad lol. This setup has plenty of potential to overperform, BUT, plenty of potential to go poof. Always a game of chance.

Yep. 22 months since we officially had a 1"+ snowfall, and 9 years since we had a 6"+ snowfall. Have to go back 13 years to find a snowpack that lingers for a whole week. Just sad lol. This setup has plenty of potential to overperform, BUT, plenty of potential to go poof. Always a game of chance.
9 years since you’ve had a 6” snowfall is nothing. It’s been 41 years for Atlanta.

Lots of Chattanooga members here hoping to break our snow drought.
We've had a few good snows here in the last 10 years but no staying power. 2 overnight thumpers, 1 in 2014, and 1 in 2015. They both melted off the next day. On February 8th in 2020, we picked up 3" under a ULL around 7am, and it was completely melted off by noon. Here are 2 pictures from the 2020 snow that stuck around for about 4 hours.

I would love to get 3+ inches on the ground with this next system and have the cold following. The last time we had staying power snow was in January 2011. I believe it hit on January 10th-11th.
731e80f6916a220b0271148eed461719.jpg
f301a021a3143239103a96e5d0e51a97.jpg

Sent from my SM-S916U using Tapatalk

Back