• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry January 14-16th storm potential.

GFS with the bloomer again
716137fb10c68eff29839a5380425914.gif

Sent from my SM-A136U1 using Tapatalk

I am almost 100% sure the reason that finger of snow is trending south is related to models being to weak with the TPV over the northern plains/Montana until go time, and it’s starting to translate. Remember, that moves east and suppresses the height field. So it makes sense things are going south, because it’s stronger at go time then what models have 6BD4CD4E-955A-4BA8-8F99-3EB3A7040FE1.gif

This thing is drying up on the models pretty quickly it would seem. I’m guessing the further south it is shunted, the tilt and dynamics become less favorable. Puts my in a better position for snow in Chattanooga. Overrunning is notoriously under-modeled precip wise a lot of the time so I’m very interested to actually watch this one play out. Nowcast should be fun with this one lol

This thing is drying up on the models pretty quickly it would seem. I’m guessing the further south it is shunted, the tilt and dynamics become less favorable. Puts my in a better position for snow in Chattanooga. Overrunning is notoriously under-modeled precip wise a lot of the time so I’m very interested to actually watch this one play out. Nowcast should be fun with this one lol

We just need the NAM to get on board.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is true... overrunning events always do good for us.. just getting in the band is key

I am almost 100% sure the reason that finger of snow is trending south is related to models being to weak with the TPV over the northern plains/Montana until go time, and it’s starting to translate. Remember, that moves east and suppresses the height field. So it makes sense things are going south, because it’s stronger at go time then what models have View attachment 141996
What are your thoughts on this continued suppression south of the snow band over TN/AL?

What are your thoughts on this continued suppression south of the snow band over TN/AL?
Globals have been struggling with this the last 2 days. Initializing to weak. Id say if it continues, it’s possible it continues to trend south, but the jumps overall probably slow down Quickly soon

Back