• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry January 14-16th storm potential.

Icon has a finger of light snow in the upstate Monday morning. Surface temps aren't great though. Possiblity of some mood flakes at least.

GFS and euro are showing more/less the exact same thing with that band barely making it far enough south and east to clip us Monday morning.

SW mountains are looking great for this front end hit now.Screen Shot 2024-01-13 at 10.13.23 AM.png

As an EMS worker I hear you brother! Amen! Light rain is enough for 10 overturns to go out and wipe out all ambulances and keep us running our tails off all night! Tell em!
I’m an EMT too so I hope people heed the warning and stay off the roads but it always goes the people who call are the first ones to argue with anything for the most part!

850s look iffy to me

Sent from my SM-S911U using Tapatalk
850’s are an issue because the trough is too progressive not allowing for any lift to generate precip and slowing it down to allow more colder air to get in place. If the trough goes neutral tilt it will slow allowing the cold air to filter in and precip to drive dynamic cooling. The temps aren’t the issue here because they will be colder just from the slowing of the trough and precip being driven. Everything is dependent on a neutral tilted trough further west

sn10_acc-imp.conus.png

Back