• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry January 14-16th storm potential.

I honestly think a blend wouldn’t be a bad idea at the moment. Even with a more positive tilt trough the gfs you would think the gfs would still have a larger precip field like the rgem and cmc have. But not apples to apples at H5 . Still being 54 hours plus out so much can go wrong lol . So get out your lucky coin , flip it and call heads or tails
Yea I just thinking the same thing. Kinda strange on how narrow that precip field is. You usually don’t see that much.

Another trend I'm noticing in all guidance is the core of the TPV is trending south each run. This probably partly responsible for some of the south trends seen overall, but could also really change things for further east areas if this could continue.

View attachment 141897

View attachment 141898
Another version of what has already been posted, but south trend with initial precip band and colder in recent runs. Arctic air doing its thang I guess

X4BTrjQ.gif

jGvQ6uW.gif

YALL CAN KEEP THE SNOW AND ICE.. I WORK IN PUBLIC SAFETY AND AT A 9-1-1 DISPATCH CENTER. PEOPLE CANT DRIVE WHEN IT'S DRY AND THE'RE ALL WANTING SNOW.. ILL HAVE TO WORK 9-1-1 WHEN THIS IS HAPPENING AND IF THE FZR VERIFIES THEN ILL BE SPENDING MONDAY AND TUESDAY AT WORK THEN POSS MY OFF DAYS WEDNESDAY AND THURSDAY HERE... :D

YALL CAN KEEP THE SNOW AND ICE.. I WORK IN PUBLIC SAFETY AND AT A 9-1-1 DISPATCH CENTER. PEOPLE CANT DRIVE WHEN IT'S DRY AND THE'RE ALL WANTING SNOW.. ILL HAVE TO WORK 9-1-1 WHEN THIS IS HAPPENING AND IF THE FZR VERIFIES THEN ILL BE SPENDING MONDAY AND TUESDAY AT WORK THEN POSS MY OFF DAYS WEDNESDAY AND THURSDAY HERE... :D
As an EMS worker I hear you brother! Amen! Light rain is enough for 10 overturns to go out and wipe out all ambulances and keep us running our tails off all night! Tell em!

Oz Ukmet doesnt press futher south like other ops have trended tonight. Sends the front end finger out of TN up into wva,va. Thats the part im chasing now for own back yard. Trying to score scraps. If a coastal gets going or overruning second energy,then its icing on cake

With respect to the late-blooming coastal cranking precip back inland, I still say the most important thing is this reverse S shape from Western Canada down to Kansas. Increase the curvature in both arrows and we'll have a sharper wave at the base of the trough <AND> it will arrive later when it is colder

IwJ2w05.png

hYonjOa.gif

Another version of what has already been posted, but south trend with initial precip band and colder in recent runs. Arctic air doing its thang I guess
Grit - do you think this trend will continue and that initial band will keep trending south? Not sure if you have any thoughts on the cold press

Back