• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry January 14-16th storm potential.

Gfs gonna have some fat totals for Huntsville
So which model do you believe?? Heck it almost like pick the model showing the most in your backyard. lol
I figure Huntsville will be putting most of North Alabama of winter storm watches in their morning package.

Starting tomorrow 12z some of the short range models will be coming in good range and will see what happens.

Another trend I'm noticing in all guidance is the core of the TPV is trending south each run. This probably partly responsible for some of the south trends seen overall, but could also really change things for further east areas if this could continue.

gfs_z500_vort_us_fh102_trend.gif

gem_z500_vort_us_fh96_trend.gif

also not to be a buzzkill but if you're in MS/AL and the nam spit out sleet for you, and you think it's overdoing things... i feel like this meme

5d3d2f3402309fdc32b2716d7d015791876289c76d535bc031248f0ab989d39b_1.jpg

seen a lot of forecasts go sour from people not respecting the nam's thermals

Another trend I'm noticing in all guidance is the core of the TPV is trending south each run. This probably partly responsible for some of the south trends seen overall, but could also really change things for further east areas if this could continue.

View attachment 141897
Will this make the precip trend further south for the western areas of the southeast?

So which model do you believe?? Heck it almost like pick the model showing the most in your backyard. lol
I figure Huntsville will be putting most of North Alabama of winter storm watches in their morning package.

Starting tomorrow 12z some of the short range models will be coming in good range and will see what happens.
I honestly think a blend wouldn’t be a bad idea at the moment. Even with a more positive tilt trough the gfs you would think the gfs would still have a larger precip field like the rgem and cmc have. But not apples to apples at H5 . Still being 54 hours plus out so much can go wrong lol . So get out your lucky coin , flip it and call heads or tails

Back