• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry January 14-16th storm potential.

This is gonna sound weird but I wonder if the warm gulf will affect precip for those in the Mid-South. Whether it be more qpf or more of a warm-nose or both
Hm true, always screwed me in Raleigh w 850s but wonder if it can help those folks w more expansive precip

Is there anything showing hope of over performing possibilities for central AL(I-20 south) or is this just not the one.
I do think a lot of us south of northern AL, northern MS, TN, and AR will have an ice event. Maybe some of us will get some sleet to mix in to. But it's just not a deep south snow event, unfortunately.

Purely for entertainment purposes, but it sure appears the 00z NAM would have been more amped than the 18z Euro control down the road. Be interesting to see if the 00z GFS also takes a step in this direction (late bloomer Tuesday into Wednesday with more snow in Carolinas).

Is there a chance this storm could ramp up a little more with moisture then modeled? Hits a brick wall once it passes my house

Back