• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry January 14-16th storm potential.

It’s not really a NW trend that we need based on the EURO and GFS… we need that to go neutral and then negative tilt few hours earlier so that it pulls moisture inland over the Carolinas
Something that won’t be known until the wave is on land and honestly probably not until 24-36 hours out from us out here also. It’s a wait and see game at this point

There's a few members that want to develop a coastal low and put a few flakes down
f2be793260875a9253b17ae0ea719c73.jpg

Sent from my SM-A136U1 using Tapatalk

Quick question. That sharp cutoff on the models that’s showing up…is that a transition to ice or is that where they’re thinking the precipitation will sharply drop to just flurries?

Something that won’t be known until the wave is on land and honestly probably not until 24-36 hours out from us out here also. It’s a wait and see game at this point
Very true. It reminds a little but of the 1/21-22/2022 storm that the models didn’t start catching on to the tilt of the trough until about 48 hours or so out.

This tweet is interesting and echoes your statement.

I’ve come to learn that if you’re sitting pretty at this lead time, your heart will probably get broken. Not saying I end up getting snow, but it definitely will not surprise me to see our trough go neutral tilt sooner and therefore get more precip further north showing up by Sunday. All I have to go on is that models seem to swing wildly from one extreme to the other and if you’re in the honey hole at day 2-5, you’ll probably get your heart broken these past few years.

Back