• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry January 14-16th storm potential.

Well if its 96 or 93 mountains and foothills in NC. SC. and VA and just east of there to I-85 will get a lot of snow BUT no run shows the mountains or foothills getting in on the fun. Closer to 85 then yes. maybe a semi -Carolina Crusher

Well if its 96 or 93 mountains and foothills in NC. SC. and VA and just east of there to I-85 will get a lot of snow BUT no run shows the mountains or foothills getting in on the fun. Closer to 85 then yes. maybe a semi -Carolina Crusher
Ohh I don't know I'm just going off a post earlier that said 96 was a top analog on chips. This is a west of apps storm imo. Except for areas further east who may see redevelopment. Even then it will be very light little to no accumulation.

00z GEFS definitely trending like the op the past couple runs.

View attachment 141327

View attachment 141331
Have you also noticed at H5 that the models are retro-grading the features a bit. As you, and others have pointed out, things are not as progressive as the progressive models want them to be...this is FAR from set in stone IMO

Gfs and gefs clearly trended toward the euro soulution. Still massive changes happening at 500mb even with the euro. I think cad favored areas have a chance at a winter storm

Sent from my SM-A236U using Tapatalk
Welcome sir. First message I see. Here’s to hoping there’s plenty more

I am honestly hedging my bets on this....but, new UKIE shows it very well...GFS tries, and the
EURO and EPS and somewhat the GEFS is also seeing this...I "think" this is our "caboose" and should end the pattern (temp) after driving down the west and rolling into the east. I think this one will be the one to really watch for as the pattern starts to breakdown after that.

Screenshot 2024-01-10 at 11.50.54 PM.pngScreenshot 2024-01-10 at 11.51.03 PM.png

Have you also noticed at H5 that the models are retro-grading the features a bit. As you, and others have pointed out, things are not as progressive as the progressive models want them to be...this is FAR from set in stone IMO
Yes. There are some pretty drastic changes occurring as energy is moving onshore. There are a ton of moving parts with this one - highly possible we still see a drastic change one way or another.

gfs_z500_vort_namer_fh78_trend.gif

Back