• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Severe Jan 8-11 2024 System Severe

I only did a quick glance, but it looks like most short range models (FV3, RGEM, WRF, etc) show a similar look. A couple more robust than others like 18z RGEM, RAP, and one of the WRF models. I’m doubtful of anything down here, but it should be a pretty decent event of snow showers across TN and NC/GA mountains regardless.

Seeing those wind gusts projected here makes me immediately think about Hurricane Irma. We had similar wind gusts well above 60+ mph the entire time. Don’t know how we managed to keep power or avoid any wind damage where I live. Only bad thing is being at work during this. I work a logistics warehouse job so work Tuesday should be fun.??

I got 1000 bucks the chestnut oak still want loose those ugly brown hanging on leaves that wait till spring. So annoying, green winter rye yard and it will dribble just a handfull ever so often to ruin the immaculate appeal. We could have 1 inch frzng rn accruel, foot of wet heavy snow on top with 30 mph gust. When it all melts,they will still be hanging on.

Do we expect warnings/watches with this system and if so when? Thanks
Yes, wind advisory for tomorrow already issued for NC and I'd suggest you pay close attention to National Weather Service and local news for watches/ warnings that will most likely be issued tomorrow. Not sure what part of NC you're in but timing looks to be mid-day tomorrow through tomorrow night, west to east.

Yes, wind advisory for tomorrow already issued for NC and I'd suggest you pay close attention to National Weather Service and local news for watches/ warnings that will most likely be issued tomorrow. Not sure what part of NC you're in but timing looks to be mid-day tomorrow through tomorrow night, west to east.
Thanks for all the advice guys I actually work in dialysis unit outside of Charlotte we have no back up generators and just trying to have a plan to get these folks in safely.
I appreciate this board more than you can imagine

Back