• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Severe Jan 8-11 2024 System Severe

Warm front moved through here east of athens within the past half hour and there was a 10 degree temp rise in 10 or 15 minutes. Still hasn't reached athens though with temps in the upper 40s. Unusual but not unheard of to see my local break through vs areas to the west.

Warm front moved through here east of athens within the past half hour and there was a 10 degree temp rise in 10 or 15 minutes. Still hasn't reached athens though with temps in the upper 40s. Unusual but not unheard of to see my local break through vs areas to the west.
Did y'all have much wind?

Sent from my SM-S911U using Tapatalk

Did y'all have much wind?

A few gusts to 15 to 20 or so but nothing impressive yet. Washington is reporting winds gusting into the 30s. Athens has now broken through and is up to 57.

Radar velocities are impressive aloft though with 90 to 95mph showing up around at 4500 to 5000 feet.

A few gusts to 15 to 20 or so but nothing impressive yet. Washington is reporting winds gusting into the 30s. Athens has now broken through and is up to 57.

Radar velocities are impressive aloft though with 90 to 95mph showing up around at 4500 to 5000 feet.
Hopefully us up in the upstate is gonna dodge the biggest part of it other Than Tons of water. Looks like high winds and severe weather gonna go below upstate

We should bump up to low to mid sixties - if not a little higher before the main front moves through early this afternoon.
nam3km_T2m_seus_fh5-23.gif

Back