• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry Jan 27-28 Snow Potential Official Thread

Lol this orientation of the energy isn’t far off from the one we saw in early January (for a deform), difference is, the NAM isn’t excited 6A766F3A-8188-4203-8A19-8C7C1FBE5C17.png

GFS para is not backing down, and the Euro is at least showing snow for the northern half of NC. It looks good for seeing snow here, just a matter of if it will accumulate any.
The new GFS is snow happy. At least when it goes operational we'll get fantasy storms again.

I’m definitely concerned about how long it will take for any potential changeover to occur. They always seem to occur later than expected. The storm earlier this month does not inspire much confidence, to say the least.
I feel like this will have a better shot and could do a little better for more areas. That ain't saying much, though.

Goes along with what I've been thinking. However it would be interesting if areas further west see a quick burst of snow

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210125-213346.png
    Screenshot_20210125-213346.png
    726.5 KB · Views: 31
I approve of this, even areas farther west would see snowflakes mix in View attachment 67913
Look how far off shore that low is deepening. Just 50 -100 miles futher west,rates will do the trick like they are in ne nc. Looks 1000mb way east of hatteras. Only shot is bombogensis close to coast line. Closer to Wilmington, the better.

Back