• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry Jan 27-28 Snow Potential Official Thread

How did dec 2010 do ? I know it came back but was it in this fashion ?

If we could just extend that about 20-25 miles south
Even as I posted that, I looked and see that 29/30 GEFS members have at least snow falling for me and 27/30 have at least a 1/2 inch. If the GFS is right and its trends continue just a little more southwest, then CLT metro is very much in play.

How accurate are the RAP and HRRR at the 24-36hr range? Little bit out there for those short range models isn't it.

How accurate are the RAP and HRRR at the 24-36hr range? Little bit out there for those short range models isn't it.
This year ive noticed that the HRRR has been more accurate than the NAM. Thats goes at least for me in Roanoke.

I can't wait to see which model wins. I know which one I'm going with per past experience. :)

View attachment 68248

View attachment 68249
Normally I would agree, but in this case the difference between the two is not with a warm nose or thermals, but simply with precip amounts. Of course, it would be nice to see the NAM trend towards the GFS tonight!

Normally I would agree, but in this case the difference between the two is not with a warm nose or thermals, but simply with precip amounts. Of course, it would be nice to see the NAM trend towards the GFS tonight!

Good point. I think they gimped the NAMs when they tweaked them for QPF output, lol.

Back