• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry Jan 27-28 Snow Potential Official Thread

Rooting for you, all you Triangle folks. Still feel like it could go either way back down in the 704. Trends are increasingly in our favor, but I still have this feeling that we may be too far west. We shall see... maybe @Myfrotho704_ can give some insight. I was going to tag Webber but is he okay?

Last edited:
Rooting for you, all you Triangle folks. Still feel like it could go either way back down in the 704. Trends are increasingly in our favor, but I still have this feeling that we may be too far west. We shall see... maybe @Myfrotho704_ can give some insight.
This one of those times I feel better about being in the eastern part of Charlotte metro instead of the west. If that band of heavy snow develops and it takes on more of a SW-NE configuration then East Mecklenburg, Cabarrus, Union, and Stanly counties could be in a really good spot.

This one of those times I feel better about being in the eastern part of Charlotte metro instead of the west. If that band of heavy snow develops and it takes on more of a SW-NE configuration then East Mecklenburg, Cabarrus, Union, and Stanly counties could be in a really good spot.

I am hoping so! I did well on the 8th. While a lot of others saw nothing. Yes, it was half an inch but still. Being on the ridge that I am could help? Idk, not too often do the eastern burbs do better than those in the west.

Crazy thing is, if we trend better for Charlotte the general public will have no clue and there won’t be much time to honk the horn. I’d love an old fashioned snow where you expect nothing and get a surprise. Would make up for all our 6” 36hr busts the past decade.

18z EPS
541a0cad60b874bd094355979cded995.jpg

Sent from my SM-A115U1 using Tapatalk

Any chance this spills into the weekend? Going to Hendersonville and would love to see snow.

A couple days ago we were talking about this wedge, yesterday MHX pegged our high today in the mid 60’s, I’m at 49.4 right now which is the high for the day, entirely spent under fog. Pretty clear where the boundary is right now, Florence last I checked was at 68, my assumption is this is the SLP transfer track from GSP to ILM, and then along the Gulf Stream before a rapid exit stage right.
D2084815-5C66-4BBA-90AE-59B9F2489B1C.png

Back