• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry Jan 27-28 Snow Potential Official Thread

Haven’t seen it yet, so guessing the UK isn't so hot....or maybe it's too hot?

• Haha
Reactions: SD
So this begs the question.........we had good runs a week ago for this timeframe with some decent amounts......wouldnt call them big dogs but solid 6 inch members on the ensembles and op runs.

Is this a situation like we've seen before where the models lose the system in the mid range only to bring it back at crunch time in the short range? The last 72 hour of trends have all been improving just not to the degree of the Gfs.

i was thinking the same thing. We have seen that time and time again with legit storms.

0D5E1E40-E454-48BD-B406-B2B1ABC55F32.jpeg
100 % (okay 99.9 I see u.. you ugly #15) show a NC snow storm in 48 hours ... some even show a FOOT

we can’t blow a 48 hour lead?? RIGHT?!?

This will go down in the history books for the forum .. and will give us lots of answers on who we need to listen to going forward

View attachment 68104
100 % (okay 99.9 I see u.. you ugly #15) show a NC snow storm in 48 hours ... some even sho.w a FOOT

This will go down in the history books for the forum .. and will give us lots of answers on who we need to listen to going forward

WRONG, lol. I've blown a 12 hour lead of 6+ inch means on both the GEFS and EPS for MBY. Ended up with less than an inch. Has happened more than once.

View attachment 68104
100 % (okay 99.9 I see u.. you ugly #15) show a NC snow storm in 48 hours ... some even show a FOOT

Lol we can and have before.

Back