• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry Jan 27-28 Snow Potential Official Thread

Thanks. I didn't see that one as the paraLLEL when you posted it the first time.

Maybe wishcasting here, but with our last event the NAM also had very little precip up until about 36 hrs, then started beefing it up. Let’s see how it trends
It did a really good job with predicting the dry slot for the front end stuff. I think it was a little too dry with the back-end snow though.

To be fair the Rgem matches the gfs with qpf but it’s just a lot warmer.
Looks like gfs family and rgem vs the rest.

Yes, it does. My thing with the RGEM is that it's below freezing at 850mb(where all the forcing is occurring), but it still has rain for much of the state because the surface and boundary temperatures are a little too warm...could it be underestimating the dynamic cooling processes or is it just a bit too warm near the surface? Unfortunately the 12z HRRR agrees with the RGEM that it's too warm for the southern half of the state.

Maybe wishcasting here, but with our last event the NAM also had very little precip up until about 36 hrs, then started beefing it up. Let’s see how it trends
Bingo. Happend several other times. But todays 12z is where its strung the energy out some.

Last edited:
Agreed. I'd love to jump on the gfs but until something really backs it up this seems much more realistic

4-6" might fall but if we dont get the surface to freezing then it will be a struggle to get meaningful accumulation.....timing wise works for us a bit overnight but still need that GFS 30 temp to be legit....

Rap really likes the triad

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210126-115422.png
    Screenshot_20210126-115422.png
    827 KB · Views: 52
Back