• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry Jan 2-4 2022 Winter Weather Event/Obs

18z was actually better for us west folks
It was
man this setup really interests me with that comma head/deformation zone, shows up nicely on the euro, that’s what I’m banking on here and what many should watch, with a strengthening and formidable 1000/999mb mid latitude cyclone View attachment 100839View attachment 100840View attachment 100838View attachment 100841View attachment 100842

Lol the snow is gonna be like cement, gonna be hard to accumulate, those ratios suck

10 to 11 tonight, a two inch band in one hour from huntsville to birmingham
1641186000-FM8J74FsA1o.png
That gonna move through the shoals firsr?

Well GFS is consistent in showing a snow hole here in Surry county, and along the foothills, NW flow is eating the moisture up, and pooling it up just to our east. These type of events can produce wild swings over small areas .

I'm just wondering due to the lack of Cold air to support snow in the Upstate, if those areas could see sleet? I'm speaking of North of 85. Below there I think has no chance at anything frozen.

Sent from my SM-A526U using Tapatalk
The problem in Greenville is you're too warm at the surface. There is no significant subzero layer to create sleet as well.

I am truly starting to wonder how much better this can trend for us. EVERY single run is slowly ticking higher and higher. Each HRRR seems to get a tad stronger and slower at the end. We truly may get a surprise. I mean these bright yellow colors turning to snow is going to make for some heavy snow. This could be the heaviest I have seen fall. I am all in for a surprise.

If this were to verify then why does folks think It won't do anything in upstate? I understand no accumulation but this would definitely bring Snow Falling across upstate north of 85

Sent from my SM-A526U using Tapatalk
I'm not saying it can't happen but no where in SC below 3000ft is there a sounding below freezing until the moisture is gone. I've pulled soundings from all over and just haven't seen it.

Back