• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry Jan 2-4 2022 Winter Weather Event/Obs

They posted a WSW for the mountains — not sure why this graphic depicts differently
StormTotalSnowWeb.jpg

I’ve been watching this one from the shadows, these last few runs are going to make me have a heart attack.. I’m camping out tomorrow night at 2800 ft hopefully we will get a quicker changeover!
Congrats [checks notes] Shreveport? Returns are looking pretty healthy in LA and AR.

B5D773A6-4DC4-4E16-95F1-CD82456C5C5F.gif

09z RAP and 06z GFS are bonkers.

09z RAP
View attachment 101000
I can see this happening. Look at the very small hole just north of the Ga line around Chattanooga. It's a nothing hole with .06" around it. I can see that happening. I hope if the snow comes to fruition Chattanooga people can watch the snow from their window instead of their television.

N. Ga. seems to do MUCH better than Chattanooga on snow totals. It seems the temps are usually a few degrees cooler than Chatty or if Chatty does have the cold in place the moisture stays just to our south.

Note: this isn't a "Banter" post, just stating the facts. Everything has to line up perfect for our area to see significant snowfall.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

I can see this happening. Look at the very small hole just north of the Ga line around Chattanooga. It's a nothing hole with .06" around it. I can see that happening. I hope if the snow comes to fruition Chattanooga people can watch the snow from their window instead of their television.

N. Ga. seems to do MUCH better than Chattanooga on snow totals. It seems the temps are usually a few degrees cooler than Chatty or if Chatty does have the cold in place the moisture stays just to our south.

That snow hole in Hamilton County has been showing up on several runs of several models for some reason. It’s weird. (I was born and raised in Chattanooga and live in NC now.)

Back