• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry Jan 2-4 2022 Winter Weather Event/Obs

Those are wind chill warnings, in the northern Plains, real feel -45F. Current. Surprised by the lack of 36hr lead products winter type in the SE/MA, mountains in particular.F6173BF2-67E0-4F16-BC07-AAA1DED01E94.png

I’ve been watching this one from the shadows, these last few runs are going to make me have a heart attack.. I’m camping out tomorrow night at 2800 ft hopefully we will get a quicker changeover!
Be safe! And arrive early

For those chasing, this is a monster dry slot ripping through the southern coastal plain, sloppy, convective in nature, mature, punch the mid level triple point by about 20-30 miles NW. it does happen overnight, I stand by 990 off the VA Capes.

Last edited:
Curious where that axis will be that gets the front end snow and stays through the deformation exiting.

CLT to DOV, RIC in particular, snow level crashes pretty rapidly below 1000 feet, 2500 feet is solid through the mountains, and it goes to snow at the coast in NE NC, and north of there heavily.

CLT to DOV, RIC in particular, snow level crashes pretty rapidly below 1000 feet, 2500 feet is solid through the mountains, and it goes to snow at the coast in NE NC, and north of there heavily.
But in some of those locations it begins as rain, Id like to know who gets front end snow and remains throughout duration. Id think Roanoke area gets front end and gets the deformation. Sure it will be heavier on east, but you lose some to "crashing the column"

00z euro
c7e0ea2011152d89891da6c41153c8a9.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thoughts on good chasing locations? Thinking about getting a place to stay for a few days around Sugar mountain

I stand corrected, it's running now and honestly through hour 15 I can't tell much of a difference between the 00z and the 06z. Other than more precip in South Carolina at hr 15.

Back