• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry Jan 2-4 2022 Winter Weather Event/Obs

believe a third of what models are showing then half of that and we will be fine with a slushy mess. We can always dream

This is unreal. The NAM sniffed this out for our area from the beginning and now the gfs and rap have joined the party with 2-3+ inches of snow falling in the Birmingham area. Notice I said “falling”. But we 100% will have some accumulation in the grass and elevated surfaces if these verify.

Don’t even want to get into what could happen if this thing trends stronger back to our west. I’m getting 3/1/09 vibes.

High res models trending much better for areas to the west . Every single minute this slows down helps areas west of the mountains.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yea it’s showing like 4-6 inches. If you cut them totals in half because of warm ground. You are still getting 2-4 inches.

Tomorrow we are going to really see this thing slow down to the point where this becomes an event to remember for all of us.
I don't see that happening but I think it trends better for everyone. I think it slows down enough to get more Cold air wrapped into it.

Sent from my SM-A526U using Tapatalk

Upstate SC is out of this one and it could be a long time before the Carolinas get another chance.
Seriously? Have you even looked at the long range and at the Pattern change that's happening after this storm? There's several shots between now and mid Jan. And that includes the upstate

Sent from my SM-A526U using Tapatalk

Back